Typical Motivation for Starting Document Scanning Process.
- Do you spend too much time retrieving records? Do some of your documents actually get lost? Files stored in a central location and that are reviewed periodically have a greater chance of being mis-filed or never refilled. The result is that it takes a great amount of time to find such files.
- Do you need more immediate access to files? Is the amount of time it takes to retrieve a file from the file room simply too long? Do you need instant access to the files? Is immediate customer service becoming extremely important?
- Do two or more people need access to your files at the same time?
- Do your people traveling need to have access to your files?
- Are you running out of space for the hard copy files? Are you looking at the costs of special filing systems, such as rolling files? Are you looking at the costs of acquiring more office space for file storage?
- Do you feel a need to reduce your overall costs associated with storing, retrieving, refilling and the safety and security of your documents?
- Are your files safe in their current storage location? Does your current storage methods comply with the various privacy laws such as HIPAA or GLB or Facta?
- If you had a disaster such as a hurricane, flood or fire, are your current documents protected? Could you be back in business in a matter of days?
VIdeo of typical office trying to scan their own documents.
by Document Scanning Companies of America